Thursday, October 4, 2012

Week 1: INTRODUCTION

Hello my name is Erica Mendez and this blog will be about the social differences and observations that I make throughout the Metropolitan area of Los Angeles. I have lived in Los Angeles all of my life so I hope to discover and go to areas I have not explored yet. Although I have visited areas such as Hollywood, downtown, and the South Bay, I have never really payed attention in detail and observed people and how they use the space and react to the environment they are in. I hope to see Los Angeles in a different more aware perspective after this project.

The class Cities and Social Difference interests me because I love to study cultural geography and I have yet to take a class that focuses on this topic. I know the city of Los Angeles is diverse and it is amazing how one street can have so many different neighborhoods and different people just within a few blocks, and I hope to explore the many different neighborhoods and communities that I can discover.

I'm excited for this project and am excited to share my new experiences in L.A.! :)

-Erica


No comments:

Post a Comment